Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back together again

Being separated from Zach stunk. I thought I would enjoy the pining and the waiting by the phone and the mushy emails, but things aren't right when he's gone. I'm not right. Which really makes sense when you think about it. We are one so when we are separated we should feel incomplete, which is exactly how I felt. I know there will be many times in our future when we will have to be apart, and even though it is not something I plan to get used to, I know God will give us the grace to deal with it. The mushy emails will help.

So now we are back in Arizona and it didn't take Zach long to pile us into the borrowed truck (thanks Talbots!) and take us on one of his explores. It was a wonderful day to enjoy being together. We ended up on top of Montezuma's Pass with beautiful views of the Cochise Valley bellow. To top things off, Zach took us all out to eat which is something we haven't been able to enjoy as a family in...well...since we've had kids! Zach and I realized that the moment we'd been waiting for finally arrived. The kids were a delight. They sat, they waited, we chatted, we ordered, they colored quietly, we didn't have to cut up anyone's food in little tiny bits, we didn't have to take multiple trips to the bathroom and we didn't have to make any threats! It felt like a dream.
Miah took this picture of us. Not bad, huh?

2 comments:

April said...

way impressive on the photo Miah! love you, Auntie April

Sally said...

I imagine it is a great day when going out is easier than staying in! I'm so glad you guys are together again! You're right. It is as it should be. Now... all five of you... home again! :)