Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sweet Story

The kids have been attending AWANA club at the little Baptist Church in Douglas. It is something they look forward to every week. Well, a AWANA group in Tulsa decided to adopt our family for Christmas this year. Tulsa Bible Church has been very inolved with NTMA and faithful supporters of many of our missionaries. They were glad to find out that one of the student families had young kids that attended AWANA - That's us!! They were so generous to our family and the kids loved opening the packages and personal cards from their new special friends. They asked me for gift suggestions - I told them that Tov was into any and all electronic equipment. He now has several real but retired cell phones, calculators, and a wireless phone with answering machine and other odds and ends. He has a whole office set up in his room. I love that when he talks on the phone he uses his serious, get down to business voice. The girls really enjoy their new doll house with ALL the accessories! I was just as excited as they were when we opened it up...I can't help rearranging furniture and making the living room welcoming for guests every time I go into their room to put away laundry :) Thank you Tulsa Bible Church AWANA Clubbers and thanks Auntie April, Vince and Christine for your contributions too!!! Your thoughtfulness is overwhelming.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How very cool! I love that Tov pic! So great. I'm so thankful that you are surrounded by such amazing people to love on you!

That dollhouse is a dream. No wonder you can't help yourself!