Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Christmas in California

The Keller family visited the beach in Oceanside, CA!
We were only there for a few hours but it was a huge hit. Avery fell deep in love and could not contain her excitement. At one point she exclaimed in her very dramatic, schmaltzy way...I looooove the ocean Mommy. I never want to leave it!" Of course we had to say goodbye to the beach and be on our way. It took our weepy kids quite a while to recover. Just one taste was all it took. The feel of sand between the toes, the sound of the surf, the salty air...it's got a hold on us. I really think God was giving us all a little taste of what is to come.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Your adorable kiddos are getting so big, and I feel like we're missing out on so much in their growing up! ;-(
We miss you five tons and can't wait to be together again! Jeremy lamented the other night, "I sure miss Zach and Jane."

Anonymous said...

When we were in Florida swimming in the Atlantic... Aaron and I felt the same way about the beach. Avery knows what's what.

Marie VW said...

What great pictures! Can't wait for you to be back! Miss you so much!