Monday, October 22, 2007

Molasses Crinkles

Zach is a dedicated die hard fan of chocolate chip cookies and because I am a dedicated die hard fan of Zach Keller, I try to make them for him as often as I can. I think if I ever quit making them, for whatever reason, Zach would think I didn't love Him anymore and that our marriage was in jeopardy. Making cookies for Zach is one way I tell him I love him, in a language I know he understands.

So it is fall and we have introduced a new cookie in the Keller household that, though it may never out rank the chocolate chip, it is definitely a close second especially this time of year. This cookie is Zach Keller approved and though it is never to replace the Chocolate Chip, it is worth passing on to you as a tried and true favorite. Enjoy!


Molasses Crinkles

3/4 C. Softened Butter
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1/4 C. molasses
2 1/4 C. Flour
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/4 t. salt

Mix everything together. Shape dough into walnut shaped balls and roll in sugar. Bake @ 350 for 10-12 minutes. Do not overcook. They are supposed to be a soft, chewy, melt in your mouth cookie.

No comments: