Monday, November 26, 2007

Play Dough Fun


My kids love playing with play dough. There is nothing like a big lump of fresh, homemade, non edible goodness - Even I can't keep from squishing, squeezing and rolling it into a snake. The kids have been at the ball/snake stage for some time...but now they have graduated to more sophisticated play dough molding skills. Miah is into nests (complete with eggs) and teas sets. Avery makes cinnamon rolls, cookies and the occasional snowman and Tov loves to roll and squish his play dough as flat as he can and cut shapes with his special play dough pocket knife. I especially love that this particular activity keeps them occupied for a least a good half hour, maybe more.
Here is a fabulous play dough recipe that stays soft and pliable for months and months. Depending on what Koolaid flavor you pick - it smells wonderful too.

2 1/2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Salt
1 Tbs. Cream of tarter
1-2 Pkg. Koolaid
3 Tbs. oil
2 C. Boiling water

3 comments:

April said...

The recipe? :) I should make some playdough for my kids. It looks warm there - is this actually today? Love you, A

Anonymous said...

Love it! Avery looks like she is in kiddo heaven! It's funny to think of you down there in all that Arizona heat while we're in winter mode. I'm glad you're having such a great time. Every blessing cousin.

Sarah said...

Don't you think it's about time to update this blog? I expect to see something new next time I drop by! :-)
Love you all!