Sunday, February 17, 2008

Got snow?



We Do! Of course it only lasted a couple of hours, but when I got up this morning there was a nice (thin) blanket of white covering the Arizona desert plain - somewhat of a phenomena if you know what I mean. It was beautiful and I could just sense the dry, dust ridden, wind blown desert plant life breathing a sigh of refreshing satisfaction. The kids were out making tracks in their P.J.'s and boots- you'd think they'd never seen the stuff before. What really blows my mind is that this time last week it was 85 degrees and the kids spent the day running through the sprinkler in their swimming suits. The inside of the house got up to 90 and we had to open all the windows and doors to cool it off. They told us when we moved to McNeal that the weather here can be a little fickle...they weren't kidding.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Cool pics, Jane...they'd make awesome postcards!
I talked to my grandma (in Tucson)the other day and she said it's been so cold that she HAS a cold (?).

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are amazing. I think your description of the plains sighing with relief is perfect. Sometimes I think that's how it will be when we arrive in heaven... not the snow, but the sigh of relief.

Anonymous said...

what SNOW????????. fly me down!!! Im so jealous we have NO SNOW! Ryley

Marie VW said...

Great pictures Jane!
Sheesh, I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane. I'm writing from PocketCultures, which is a blog aiming to show life in different countries. We really liked your blog and we included it so that our readers can read about life in Arizona. Hope you like it! Best Wishes, Liz