Monday, February 11, 2008

Fun with Zach & Jane & 185





Zach took me flying. It was fantastic. We had so much fun together and I loved watching him do what comes so naturally to him. He makes me feel so at ease. Even if there was cause for concern, he would never let on. It was a gorgeous day and we did a bunch of landings on the 1100 foot strip. At one point he said in as excited a voice as he could muster..."Let's do some engine outs - there really fun." My thoughts were...Huhh? Whatever you just said does NOT sound like fun. I guess the gist is at a certain point in the pattern you "pretend" that the engine is down and glide to the strip and land. It did end up being fun...and it did make me glad to know that he can land the plane with or without a engine - may come in handy one day.

4 comments:

April said...

So cool Jane - is the 185 the one Zach has been working so many hours on?

Anonymous said...

I love the pic at the top of you and Zach. So much fun. That one is totally Christmas card worthy. :)

Melody said...

Awesome! Just how we picture you there...though usually it is just Zach we think of in the plane. How fun! Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

sweet airplane
isaac