Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stripes & stripes

I feel I have a very important responsibility, as the mother of my children, to teach my kids the art and skill of everyday attire coordination and development... otherwise known as "matching."  I know this is not something that is learned overnight.  It takes a lot of trial and error, sometimes in the face of ridicule and mocking. It is my job to teach my children the rights and wrongs of everyday dressing.  I'm not talking about keeping up with the latest fads or encouraging them to make any kind of statement...I'm just talking about  the more obvious fashion foe-paws like - wearing socks with sandals, coordinating bottoms and tops and the basics of matching.   If they don't learn these valuable lessons from me they will learn them from the world...or worse yet...from their dad.  :)  

Avery was extremely proud of this outfit she picked out all on her own.  "Look mommy!  stripes and stripes!"  I guess we need to have a little lesson on coordinating patterns and prints.

1 comment:

April said...

Yeah & her dad learned from his dad :). But we still love them both!